Nur kurz, Neato hat mal wieder nachgelegt. So gibt es den Nachfolger Neato XV-12 ab sofort in den Target Stores - sowie Online zum Preis von $399.
Abgesehen von der helleren (weißen) Farbe, kann ich noch nichts zu den Neuerungen sagen.
Das europäische Model, welches dem XV-11 zuzuordnen ist, hilft jedenfalls mit seiner Bezeichnung XV-15 nicht dabei, den uninformierten Käufer bei der Kaufentscheidung zu informieren.
Update: Nach Rücksprache mit NeatoRobotics handelt es sich bei dem Neato XV-12 nur um eine farbliche Veränderung des XV-11.
Hier der originale Pressetext:
NEATO ROBOTICS INKS EXCLUSIVE DEAL WITH TARGET
New Neato XV-12 automatic vacuum cleaner is available at more than 1,750 Target locations nationwide – just in time to spread more cheer at home during holidays
Newark, Calif., October 11, 2011 - Neato Robotics®, a Silicon Valley company that pioneers new technologies and products to free people from household chores, today announced it has signed an exclusive deal with Target to distribute its new Neato XV-12 all-floor vacuum cleaner as the retail giant's robotic vacuum cleaner of choice. The Neato XV-12, a Target exclusive, is currently available at Target.com and will be available at more than 1,750 Target retail locations across the U.S. beginning on October 16, as part of the retailer's national product refresh leading up to the busiest shopping season of the year.
The Neato XV-12 vacuum cleaner is designed to automatically and intelligently clean homes on a daily basis, ensuring clean floors and more free time for its owners. It cleans all types of floors and carpets and is the ultimate home appliance for everyone including working adults, busy families and pet owners. The Neato XV-12 is designed to pick up dirt, debris, and pet hair and includes a specially designed brush that avoids tangling. Its automatic daily cleaning reduces contaminants like pet hair, dust and pollen that can cause allergies and asthma.
"In today's busy world, it is difficult to find time to do all that we want and need to do. The Neato automatic vacuum frees up your valuable time and keeps your home healthy and clean so you don't have to do it," says Warren Flick, CEO of Neato Robotics, Inc. "Our mission at Neato Robotics is to deliver new and innovative products that save consumers time and keeps their homes neat and clean."
The Neato XV-12 automatic vacuum, which is available in a new Misty White color, can only be purchased through Target. In-store Target shoppers interested in seeing the new Neato XV-12 in action can simply scan the Quick Response (QR) code on the Neato box to see its full features and functionality using their smartphones or mobile devices. The Neato QR code will be available in store and in promotional flyers during the holidays to make it even easier to see it in action. The QR code and product images are available at:http://www.neatorobotics.com/branding, and a video of the new Neato XV-12 in action is available for viewing and embedding on the Neato Robotics YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/neatorobotics.
Key Features and Benefits
Some of the innovative features and benefits of the Neato XV-12 automatic vacuum cleaner include:
· Powerful suction: Designed as a true vacuum with a beater brush and the strongest suction available in any robotic vacuum cleaner.
· Methodical cleaning - Come home to that "just cleaned" look. The Neato XV-12 cleans using smart path planning and a back-and-forth pattern, ensuring that it thoroughly and neatly cleans floors and carpets.
· Scuff-free navigation: The Neato XV-12's laser-mapping technology constantly updates its internal map so it can accurately detect objects greater than four inches in height and carefully clean around them without damaging furniture and walls.
· Low-profile access: The automatic vacuum cleaner's low profile (less than four inches high) allows it to clean under beds, sofas, and kick boards in the kitchen.
· Smart design and large dirt bin: The Neato XV-12's D-shape is equipped with a forward-positioned wide brush allowing it to better clean the corners and edges of a room compared to other circular-shaped robots with short, centrally-positioned brushes. This industrial design allows for a larger dirt bin (660cc or .69 quarts)
· Self-docking to re-power: After completing its cleaning, the vacuum cleaner returns automatically to its base to re-charge itself. By utilizing the charging base, the Neato XV-12 is charged and ready to go when it's needed most.
· Cleaning scheduler: With its easy-to-use interface, customers can schedule the Neato XV-12 to clean every day automatically, keeping homes neat and healthy and carpets well-groomed.
Availability and Pricing
The Neato Robotics XV-12 automatic vacuum cleaner is available exclusively at all U.S. Target retail locations and online at www.target.com.The suggested retail price is $399.99. For more information, please visit www.neatorobotics.com or www.Target.com
About Neato Robotics
Based in Silicon Valley, California, Neato Robotics, Inc. was founded on the idea that it's possible to create robots that are smart enough to perform household chores as intelligently and efficiently as a human. The company is dedicated to improving consumers' lives, allowing them to spend less time cleaning and more time with their families and friends. The team of Neato engineers has squeezed innovation from commodity computing products – creating a smarter, more powerful automatic vacuum cleaner than any previously seen on the market.